Music is a funny thing. I read a quote once that went something like “you could sing one song to 80,000 people, and they’ll sing back for 80,000 different reasons.” That is the power of music. It not only brings people together, but it activates something in our brain. Now, I can’t tell you what that is (but I promise I’ll work to find out). I’m sure you all know what I’m talking about. That one song that will instantly bring you back from your slump, that one album that you can listen to and it well never go bad. The feeling deep down, either in your heart or stomach, of absolute bliss when that song comes on.
Of course, ever person is different and maybe they prefer classic rock, disco, rap, EDM, funk, whatever it may be. For example, I consider myself an old soul because my music taste is from the 70’s and 80’s. No matter, every single person has that one playlist that they listen to when they need a boost. Or, contrarily, this is a playlist that when it comes on, you can’t help but just groove.
Here are 10 of my personal favourites that I just can’t sit still to. When they come on, it doesn’t matter what mood I’m in, I’m having a one-woman concert.
1. Only The Good Die Young – Billy Joel
2. All These Things That I’ve Done – The Killers
3. The Hustle – Van McCoy
4. Pride and Joy – Stevie Ray Vaughan
5. Come On Eileen – Dexys Midnight Runners
6. Get Down On It – Kool and The Gang
7. Give It Up – KC and The Sunshine Band
8. Bohemian Rhapsody – Queen
9. Bad Moon Rising – Creedence Clearwater Revival
10. Foreplay/Long Time – Boston
I hope you enjoy these as much as I do, but I doubt it.